Keach & Grove Agency Inc. is an old established firm in Lawrence County that began with the Sherman L. Keach Agency in 1913. On March 1, 1923, Sherman’s son, Howard, started to work, and shortly thereafter, the name of the agency was changed to S.L. Keach & Son and remained so for several years. In 1927, Sherman died leaving the business to Howard. In June 1941, Howard hired Russell D. Grove. On February 1, 1948, a 50-50 partnership was formed between Howard L. Keach and Russell D. Grove. On October 1, 1960, the entity was incorporated and became Keach & Grove Agency, Inc.
On October 2, 1969, Howard Keach passed away after a month-long illness and was not able to see the new building at the corner of 14th & L Street about which he had been so enthusiastic. Keach & Grove moved to its present location on January 2, 1970.
On January 5, 1984, Russell D. Grove retired, and ownership of the agency passed to long-time employees, Gerald D. Carter, Janet Skillman and George N. Luallen.
In 1990 George Luallen purchased the stock of Keach & Grove Agency Inc. held by Janet Skillman and Gerald Carter became the sole owner of the Real Estate office and retired from Keach & Grove Insurance Inc. in 1991. In January 1992, the real estate and appraising departments opened for business in the new addition of the building. In 1998 the addition was doubled in size to the current facility. After the death of George Luallen in 2009, Sara Luallen became the Principal Broker and Greg Taylor became the Managing Broker. In June 2011, Greg Taylor became the Principal Broker and Sara Luallen became the Broker Owner.